- Software Reliability and Security
- Type Systems
- Programing Language Design
- Software Verification
- Static Analysis
- Applied Category Theory
- functional programing, dependent types, web applications, dependent types, logic, automated theorem proving, combinatorics, graph theory, etc.
- General Game Playing (or, "General Problem Solving")
It's not hard to program a computer to play a game, but it's very hard to program a computer to learn to play new games. I am working with Professor Genesereth this quarter on this problem, with the hope of applying results to automated reasoning in programing languages.
- Information Security in Reactive Systems.
- Churchill, B. R., and Lamagna, E. A. "Summing symbols in mutual
recurrences." In Computing and Combinatorics, B. Fu and D.-Z. Du, Eds.,
vol. 6842 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Berlin / Heidel-
berg, 2011, pp. 531-542.
The original publication is available from www.springerlink.com.
- Churchill, B. R., and Lamagna, E. A. "An Efficient Algorithm for Deriving Summation Identities from Mutual Recurrences". Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms and Applications. 04(02), 2012. preprint (pdf).